You can always turn to the experts at Sentry Heating, Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Generators for fast 24 hour service, but here is a checklist of things that may fix your heating and air conditioning trouble.
Air Conditioning Equipment Checklist
1. Check to make sure that your thermostat is set in the cool position.
2. Ensure that your outdoor air conditioning unit is running.
a.) Check the circuit breakers in the circuit breaker box. Make sure they are all in the on position.
b.) Check the outdoor unit disconnect switch to make sure it is in the on position. The disconnect switch is located near the outdoor unit.
3. Make sure that you have air blowing out of your vents. If not, check your air filter and ensure that the power is on to your furnace. If the thermostat is in the cool position, the furnace blower should be running.
a.) If the blower is not running, you should check to make sure the on/off switch at the furnace is in the on position.
4. Make sure that you have recently changed the filter in the furnace. (The furnace may shutdown due to a clogged filter with a lack of airflow.)
5. Check all air returns to make sure they are not blocked.
Gas Furnace Equipment Checklist
1. Check to make sure that your thermostat is set in the heat position.
2. Make sure that the temperature setting on the thermostat is set above the indoor temperature showing on the thermostat.
3. Ensure that the power to the furnace is on.
a.) Turn the fan to the on position using the fan switch on the thermostat to test for power to furnace.
4. Check the circuit breakers at the electrical panel.
5. Check the Safety Switch (It looks like a light switch located around or on the furnace) to make sure it is in the on position.
6. Check to ensure the furnace filter is not clogged and allowing air flow.
7. Check all air returns to make sure they are not blocked.